The New Timeline for Lepricon. Not the Same as the Old Timeline
This article is part two of a three-part series on the next steps for Lepricon.
- Lepricon’s new timeline in four phases.
- Four categories of activity (Technology, Entertainment (Games), Entertainment (NFTs), and DeFi.
In the previous article, we presented you with an overview of our mission and our strategy to achieve this. Here is a reminder of Lepricon’s mission statement:
Lepricon’s mission is to make blockchain work for game developers so that the concept of player-owned and run economies becomes a feature of the mainstream game industry without the need to learn intimidating new behaviours.
We explained how we divided our activities into three specific pillars; technology, entertainment and DeFi. Yes, TED!
In this article, we will go into a little more detail about the primary projects contained within those categories. We will not reveal everything for sound commercial reasons, and there are some projects where we are deliberately vague, again because the ideas are sensitive. But this should give a clear indication of what is in the pipeline.
How we have organised the timeline
We have organised our timeline into four phases:
- Phase One — Initial Deployment of Leprichain
- Phase two — Proof of Chain
- Phase three — The Build Up
- Phase Four — Open for Business
We have broken individual milestones into four categories:
- Entertainment — Games
- Entertainment — NFTs
Phase One — Initial Deployment
This phase is complete, and it is at this point that we are revealing the new Lepricon.
The todo items in this phase were:
- Deploy Leprichain (Technology)
- Deploy soft staking for L3P held on Leprichain as SL3P (DeFi)
- Deploy the new Leprichain Explorer (Technology)
- Deploy the first Eth ↔ Leprichain Bridge (DeFi)
- Launch the first mobile game from Shamrock Studios, Get the Cats (Entertainment — Games)
- Launch the first game on Lepricon City, Lucky Wheel (Entertainment — Games)
This phase is the foundation from which everything else will flow. Here is what comes next.
Phase Two — Proof of Chain
We are in this phase now as you read this article. Our goal in this phase is to prove the effectiveness of Leprichain across a variety of contexts and scenarios.
The projects in phase two are:
- Leprichain-based gas-less NFT minting facility for use in games.
- NFT prize system which can be accessed by all games for awarding NFTs on Leprichain and Ethereum (we own hundreds of NFTs from various collections)
- New Leprichain Explorer hosted at leprichain.io.
Entertainment — Games
- Pachinko: An arcade game for Lepricon City based on real-world particle physics. Players will buy BALLS using a swap feature to use in the game.
- Gachapon: A simple game for Lepricon City where you insert some money, turn the handle and then get a ball containing a prize. This dApp will be our first on-chain demonstration of instant NFT drops into connected wallets on Leprichain. It will also test adding inventoried prizes, like a well known NFT collectable, into the prize mix.
- Johnny Sauvage: our second app store game from Shamrock Studios. This game will demonstrate the concept of winning NFTs in mainstream games on iOS and Android.
Entertainment — NFTs
- Secret NFT Project: We cannot say very much at this time, but this project will combine the collectability of NFTs with some fun gamification. This NFT project is no set of JPEGs.
- Leprichain token swap feature hosted at lepricon.fi — this will be used by many games where L3P is used to buy a play only token.
- Replacement bridge at Lepricon.fi between Etheruem Mainnet and Leprichain.
Phase Three — The Build Up
This phase is primarily about building up content. We will add several new games to Lepricon City, and we will also reveal the first components of Leprcon’s SDK for mainstream game adoption, much of which we will have tested during phase two.
- The first elements of our blockchain SDK for games revealed.
Entertainment — Games/NFTs
- Three more arcade games for Lepricon City (each revealed as the previous one launches).
- Second NFT Project: This will demonstrate gas-less mint-on-demand on Leprichain.
- First non-native token on Leprichain.
- First staking/farming pools on Leprichain.
- Initial governance module for propositions and community voting.
Phase Four — Open for Business
Once this phase is complete, Leprichain will be a fully operational and optimised ecosystem for games.
- Final elements of blockchain SDK for games.
Entertainment — Games
- FansPredict: Our peer to peer gamified prediction platform.
- Something to do with the Metaverse.
- KQJ on Leprichain!
- Shamrock Protocol — rewards based on activity within the Leprichain ecosystem.
Important points to note:
This is not an exhaustive list of everything that we have planned, but it does represent projects that have been specced out and have design documents. We have not added several projects to this list because they are not fully fleshed out yet. This timeline will be a living document, with additions made to it as we progress. Any time that we make a change, we will announce it and explain why.
We also have not mentioned features that we will create through partnerships, such as third party games on Leprichain or new DeFi features made possible by partnerships. We will add these features to the timeline when announced.
Phases may in reality overlap, for example, FansPredict may come out during phase 3 because it is on a completely separate development track in parallel with other activities. Thus do not look at this sequentially.
Finally, we will reveal more details about the SDK closer to its launch. This will be a highly competitive area, and in this one respect, transparency will not be our friend.
In tomorrow’s article, the final of the three, we will provide an overview of our marketing intentions and some of the programs that Lepricon will execute in partnership with our agency, Zebu Digital.
Lepricon is reimagining the possibilities for entertainment through blockchain technology and seeking to establish the general acceptance of player-owned economies in games. We believe that gaming can and should be the first killer-on ramp to mainstream adoption, and Lepricon’s stated mission is to catalyse this outcome.
Our activities break into three distinct tracks; technology, entertainment and DeFi.
At the core of this strategy is Lepricon’s own high-speed, gas-less Ethereum-compatible side chain, Leprichain. We are developing software solutions in the form of SDKs, which will empower mainstream game development studios to incorporate blockchain technology into their games. These solutions are built upon and powered by Leprichain, with the intent to create a drag and drop blockchain solution for mainstream game developers.
Lepricon is developing several in-house entertainment activities that operate on Leprichain, including our collection of arcade and carnival games at Lepricon City. The first games are straightforward, but we will develop more complex games that demonstrate Leprichain’s capabilities over time. We will leverage these demonstration games to encourage third party dApp developers to deploy on Leprichain.
Leprichain and all of the dApps that run on it are powered by our ERC-20 utility token, L3P. Lepricon’s DeFi portal will enable L3P holders to manage their tokens, participate in governance, and benefit from advanced yield-earning activities. Lepricon’s DeFi portal will launch towards the end of the fourth quarter of 2021.
For further information, please visit https://www.lepricon.io.
$L3P Contract: 0xdeF1da03061DDd2A5Ef6c59220C135dec623116d